Join Our Team
Financial Risk Analyst
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess the effectiveness of the Bank’s Financial Risk Management techniques specific to liquidity, credit, and investment on a monthly basis, and profitability and capital adequacy on a quarterly basis; with close attention to legislation, regulation, policy and best practices to mitigate against existing and emerging risks, reporting key findings accordingly.
- Implement an effective modelling environment to determine the level of exposure to risks, using value at risk (VAR) measurements and stress/simulation testing on a quarterly basis, and trend analyses on a monthly basis. Generate reports accordingly and ensure simulation assumptions are updated on a quarterly basis in line with the risk environment.
- Evaluate the Bank’s Financial Risks, specific to liquidity, credit, and investment on a monthly basis including interest rate and spread duration, equity duration, and value at risk (VAR) generated, and profitability and capital adequacy on a quarterly basis. Reports must include identification of non-compliance with policy and regulatory limits where applicable.
- Conduct appropriate research to assess the severity of risk and emerging risks on a weekly basis, and collect applicable data for historical time series analyses on a monthly basis from ECCB, Bloomberg, Government of Saint Lucia, Multi-Governmental Organizations, etc.
- Create and implement policies and procedures related to financial risk which are owned by RMCS.
- Analyze investment proposals from various business units and new financial products or services to be offered by the Bank, as they are received, to identify potential risks and address the adequacy of risk management techniques to mitigate against such risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Risk Management, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
- Professional qualification as Certified Financial Analyst or Certified Risk Manager.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in risk management, finance, or statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of banking operations.
- Sound knowledge of corporate and managerial finance.
- Proficient understanding and use of Excel spreadsheet including development of macros.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills
- Good time and task management skills
- A desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to perform meticulous comprehensive analyses
- Sharp, resilient and professional with the ability to think ahead and independently solve problems in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
We encourage interested applicants to find out about our organization and our career opportunities. As an Employer of Choice we welcome your interest in becoming an essential piece.
Sign up for email updates
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES